Saturday, October 25, 2008

Illustration Friday - "Repair"

  For this weeks Illustration Friday topic of "Repair" I went kinda Halloweeny.  I got slammed with work this week (totally busy) and wasn't going to do an illustration- but while giving my kids a bath last night I did a quick sketch of this little evil scientist "repairing" his super evil brain.  AND THEN I woke up at 3:30 am and couldn't sleep.  So... I got up and started finishing off this illo.  It took about 3.5 hours and was done in Photoshop/Illustrator/and sleep deprivation.   

8 comments:

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Hey Scott! You might be taking a much needed nap right about now. Wow! You pushed yourself and got this fabulous piece of artwork. I have those sleepless nights too where creativity happens. This is wonderful. I really like the way you think. You are a tremendous illustrator and it show in all of your pieces. All I can say is FABULOUS!!!

Roberta said...

See what happens when you draw mad scientists before bedtime... they wake you up and demand to be colorized!!!
Fabulous work!
Always with the fabulous work!

David Kow said...

wonderful piece of work!!

Chrissy Fanslau said...

This is very cute & creative! Good thinkin'.

xenos said...

love the grittiness of it scott. i have been really diggin your last couple of illos. makes me curious of the work you churn out when you have a full nights rest...

lil kim said...

wow, GREAT illo - fantastic composition and I love the colours. He looks like he's had a bit of sleep deprivation too!

PotatoMamma said...

hey scott

thanks for visiting on my blog!
lol, this one made me laugh again - great job, as usual!!
astrid

Amy C said...

this is awesome - I love the pointy angles and the retro feel. I think the wrinkles under the eyes are brilliant.