Saturday, November 1, 2008

Illustration Friday - "Vacant"

  For this weeks Illustration Friday topic of "Vacant" I went with an empty or "vacant" crib.  My mom told me of how when I was a baby, she would come in to get me from sleeping and the crib would be empty- and that freaked her out (wonder why:).  Apparently I used to climb out of my crib and start playing with toys when I was supposed to be sleeping- go figure.  This illustration started off as a boy in a blue room, but got changed about half way through.  I was going for something less freaky this week.  My last weeks post kinda freaked my wife out.  She said the "Repair" illustration reminded her of one of those Hannibal Lecter movies-ewhh!  This took about 4.5 hours.  

17 comments:

Michelle said...

I would be freaked too if I were your mom! LOL! You must have been one smart baby to be able to escape from that crib!

I love the sweet expression on the little baby.

Rrramone said...

Nice one. Cuteness.

Gaia said...

Very sweet! :) Great color and style!

Katie said...

Very wonderful. As a girl I love all the pink. A vacant crib would be freaky. I like last week's illustration too though.

Fadas & C.ª said...

Very cute! Sweet (with all that pink!) but funny at the same time!

Amy C said...

I love the pink and the funny story of you climbing out of your crib!!
That elephant is too cute I want one.

Chrissy Fanslau said...

This is adorable, Scott! Very nice work, as usual. :)

Tessa said...

Great style, wonderful color and such a cute baby!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

You and I are so much alike it's scary!!! I use to do the same thing and worst even climb without fear. My parents freaked out!!!! This is great for " Vacant" It's just prefect and sweet.

Tracy said...

I had wondered why it was a girlie girl room when you started off about your adventures, but you clarified it for me :)

Alina Chau said...

Love the illo! V fun and colorful!

Gerald said...

Ha! You've got a fun blog. I'm digg'in all your work.

krisztina maros said...

so clever baby! :) nice work as always!

Roberta said...

Little girls can be escapees too!
Your wor is always so fun Scott!

xenos said...

i believe that i might have done the same thing when i was a wee lad too.

alas, i think i may have squeezed my way through the bars instead.

forget trying to do that nowadays, due to all those pesky safety regulations.

great post and illustration scott...

RobMc said...

I lived that illustration. Great job as always Scott.

Z-Kids said...

Great!