Friday, May 15, 2009

Illustration Friday "Contagious"


For this week's Illustration Friday topic of "contagious" I went with a movie that's contagious. Everyone I know loves the new Star Trek movie. One of my friends has already seen it 3 times. Maybe it's a stretch on the topic, but it's all I could come up with. I've been having fun doing retro mock up posters for animated shorts, so I went that way again. I might have pushed it a little with Captain Kirk's hand on Ahura's hip, but I thought it added some to the humor. It took about 5 hours and is a Photoshop/Illustrator collaboration. Live long and prosper...

14 comments:

minorhenchman said...

Great piece! - I also loved the new Star Trek movie.
I hate to be that annoying guy- but it's actually spelled Uhura. It's a variant on Uhuru - an African word for freedom.

AtelierBrigitte said...

Great work - I love Star Trek and everything around it!

Manola said...

Beautiful! I like so much your style and your characters! Great as always!

Donna Childree Gotlib said...

This one gave me a smile....another thing that's contagious. Your colors are so fun.

Roberta said...

Terrific!
Love your work Scott!

Tracy said...

You are so good! I love this one :)I haven't seen the movie yet, but plan on very soon.

froggie said...

BRILLIANT. i love the hand on her hip. i haven't seen it yet - but will soon. :)

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Oh Scott I am just sick with laughter and giggling over this entry! You are the MAN!! This is so stellar! Great picture!

jean benabou said...

i love it!

Jack Foster said...

Nice work! Love your bold style (going where no man has gone) Always enjoy a visit to your place.

Tomás Serrano said...

Great poster!!

Burt said...

Spock is going to be pisssssed.

theartofpuro said...

Wonderful piece,me too love Star Trek

Maggie Champaigne said...

Jeez, apparently I searched all the way back to 2009 to see if anyone else pointed out the misspelling of Uhura.

Didn't matter back then either, obviously!

But in 2014 you're on Epbot with misspelled art.