Friday, June 26, 2009

Illustration Friday "Worn"





For this week's Illustration Friday topic of "worn" the idea I originally started out with was a scooter (with a face), racing down the street. The scooter had a tired "worn" out look on it's face from speeding around. Then I put this superhero girl (Super Scooter Girl) riding the scooter. Then I thought I should have something chasing them to add to the story. So I spent lots of time drawing this robot. I love drawing robots. This guy was inspired by an old Cadillac. ANYWAY... As I started on the finish, the scooter's face didn't really work for me. So I took the face off. So now, this really doesn't have anything at all to do with the topic. But I decided to post about the unfolding of this image anyway. It took about 5 hours and is a Photoshop/Illustrator collaboration.

13 comments:

Liz Urso said...

i dig this illustration and style! scooters are awesome!

ArtSnark said...

great retro look. glad you posted it anyway

de Velde said...

love the style you've got, always reminds me of The Jetsons! Your illustrations have nice a fresh look.

Alina Chau said...

GREAT illo!! Love the style!

froggie said...

yayyyyy, scooter girl! i wanna be her! terrific and fun, scott! :)

tp said...

i just started doing IF again after a 2 month gap, and let me say tht ur still one of my fav artists who participate!
love the illos uv done!

Christina said...

nice style

cally jane studio said...

Cool style! Really retro! :)

Jack Foster said...

Love that style. Nice work Scott!...as usual.

Indigene said...

Wonderful and zany!

Roberta Baird said...

Awesome work Scott!!!

xenos said...

hey scott, gotta a sketch of the oringinal concept? would love to have seen the difference...

Eric Barclay said...

My money is on scooter girl. Great work as always.