Saturday, December 12, 2009

Illustration Friday "Hatch"

For this week's Illustration Friday topic of "hatch" I was thinking of the hatch or door on a tank. I'm still in a robot phase, so here's a robot ripping off the hatch of a tank. My wife said she thinks the pink gives it a Power Puff Girls vibe- and I like that. This took about 8 hours and is a Photoshop/Illustrator collaboration...


Here's a detail of the 2 character. The Evil Scientist and the surrendering Army Man. I'm working on a series of images I want to have large prints made of for a gallery showing. That's the goal...

9 comments:

Tina Poe said...

Awesome!

Jose said...

Awesome! (2) The cityscape definitely gives off a Powerpuff vibe.

Gavin Goo said...

Great idea for the topic. :D

xenos said...

it quite a collection so far scott, so your gallery should be bangin'...

k.h.whitaker said...

excellent

Gav said...

As great as ever, dude. I'd love to see a tutorial on how you do what you do

paula said...

Wow...That's quite a piece! A lot of good work there! I like the pink, too. It's unexpected given the context. Really nice, Scott!

Ian Summers said...

Another great illustration. You certainly work quickerly.

Jason Large said...

I'm a sucker for robot art, especially when it's executed this well. I'll definitely be following your blog!